HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

December 24, 2012

Standpipe & Sprinkles!


You may notice that things look a little different around here. Well, Standpipe & Sprinkles' facelift went live Saturday night; I am absolutely thrilled with the redesign!

What you may not know is that this is actually my second foray into blogging. I had a little blog from 2008-2011, and though I sometimes enjoyed it, I found myself mostly becoming discouraged -- I didn't feel like I fit into the blogging community, and I tried much too hard to be a part of the "in" crowd. I'm sure many of you have experienced this, whomever your own "big" bloggers might be. Over the almost 5 months that I've been blogging in this space, I've been trying to find my own, particular, God-given voice, and I must say that it feels amazing to show you what I feel is a true reflection of me and our family. 

I worked with Lindsey, of Designer Blogs, to give the space a little something extra. Courtney, of the same design team, worked with me on the first design you saw here, and I can't sing their praises enough.

Other than the obvious cosmetic changes ...

+ I've updated our A Love Story and About pages.
+ You can now email me directly, using the envelope social media icon. 
+ I've added a Search option.
+ Aaand, we have a fancy new button for you to share! I do still have others, so if you'd like us on your blog, and want something in a different size or style, please let me know.

Thank you guys so much for your patience as I've worked on figuring out this blogging stuff. I really love each and every one of you, and the wonderful friends I'm making!

Merry Christmas Eve!

21 comments:

  1. Your site is beautiful! Glad you've found your place in the blogging world. Merry Christmas Eve!
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you, Catherine!

      Merry Christmas Eve to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Aaaww your daughter is adorable! Yay to ponytails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!! I love the new look. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, pretty lady! A wonderful Christmas to you and yours, too!

      Delete
  4. Looks great!!!! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! Merry Christmas to you and your sweet little family!

      Delete
  5. I'm loving the new look!! Merry Christmas you and and your lovely family :))

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!!!! Merry Christmas chica!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so so good!! Merry Christmas, girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the new look, Katie! the black & yellow/gold looks fancy!
    floralandfudge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rachel! Have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  9. It's SO cute! The bold stripes are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million, Michaela! That means so much coming from someone with your eye for design. :) Have a wonderful holiday!

      Delete
  10. Looks adorable,love!Happy holidays!
    xx
    B.
    http://www.beeswonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really like the simplicity and the colors. So glad you've got something that you really love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my sweet friend! Merry Christmas!

      Delete