HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

December 13, 2012

Embrace the Camera

Me and my girl. Tired. So tired. She was up most of Monday night with teething pain.

But Tuesday morning, I had Tim snap this quick shot before we ran out the door for our church's Titus 2 Moms Christmas ornament exchange. It's crucial that we, as mothers, get out from behind the camera once in awhile, and get in front of it with our littles. For our littles. 


In my daughter's eyes,
I can see the future,
A reflection of who I am and what will be.
And though she'll grow and someday leave,
Maybe raise a family,
When I'm gone I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me,
For I'll be there,
In my daughter's eyes.

Martina McBride

Embrace the Camera, won't you?

11 comments:

  1. It's true.. i always take photos of my hubby and our child, but seldom photos of me and my little boy. Will take more photos of just us in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always been the same way, Marie -- I look forward to seeing more photos that include you in them! :)

      Delete
  2. very sweet picture. teething pain is horrible. sorry she is going through that. hopefullly it gets better.
    have a sweet weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I just wish I could take on the pain for her! Of course it's not something I want to experience as an adult, but it if it meant her comfort, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

      Thank you, Leah -- I hope your weekend was full of many, many blessings.

      Delete
  3. This is a beutiful picture of you and your daughter! I also agree sometimes we have to let others take the pictures for once :) by the way those lyrics are beautiful!
    Thanks for Sharing!
    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet picture and I absolutely love that song by Martina!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine! I've always loved the song, too, but it's taken on new meaning for me ... having a daughter of my own ... as in times of frustration or exhaustion I try to remind myself just how short my time with her will be. So important to remember ...

      Delete