HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

November 23, 2012

The Good, The Bad


Thanksgiving selfie we texted to Mr. M.

Right now, it's 9:20 on Thanksgiving night. I'm sitting here with a mug of sea salt caramel hot chocolate, while I listen to my sweet baby's breathing through the monitor. There's football on. Mr. M is away, yes, but working a job he loves. And Maile and I get to celebrate a whole other Thanksgiving {Hurrah!} on Saturday, with friends.

Also ...

Both floors of the house look like Taz the Tasmanian Devil cycloned through them. My laundry pile from Saturday remains largely undone. And our darling Chester has decided that throwing back to his puppy days, and chewing again, sounds fun. His latest victim? Maile's Mickey plush, who shall be known henceforth as Nearly Noseless Mickey (Nearly noseless? How can you be nearly noseless?) Maile keeps saying to me, "Mimi! Ouch! Mimi? Ouch!" This mother better fix Mimi's ouch, stat.

But hey. I didn't overstuff myself at our neighbors' Thanksgiving celebration. So, I'm gonna chalk this day up as a win.

19 comments:

  1. sounds like a win, minus the mess and poor mickey ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. :) Poor, poor Mickey ... Maile is so concerned!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a sweet evening :) My pooch also has a problem with ripping off eyes/noses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh.. I guess I should also add he rips them off TOYS :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks for the clarification, Margaret! ;) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Usually older siblings revert, but I guess it works on puppies too :) Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe. You are so right! Maile doesn't have any older siblings to tempt with reverting to infant ways, so one of our pooches has volunteered. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. beautiful photo!! Sea Salt caramel hot choc. sounds pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anna!

      And yes ... It's amazing hot chocolate. Super rich, and I think I still prefer my "go-to" Ghirardelli, but it's fun to change things up sometimes. :)

      Delete
  6. "mimi" haha so cute! Maile looks beautiful in that photo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! She's such a pretty girl. I know I'm biased, because she's mine ... but I think she's just the cutest!

      Delete
  7. Oh, the laundry, the laundry ... It never ends, does it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A win fo sho! Hope you had a great holiday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love posts like this! I hope that you have a great Thanksgiving! I'm new to your blog!

    ReplyDelete