HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

November 29, 2012

Please Check This Out!


{via}

A graduate school friend of mine was deeply involved with this nonprofit organization, Village Health Partnership, which works to bring safer conditions to mothers in rural Ethiopia. 

One in ten Ethiopian women die in childbirth, or shortly after. That is a truly staggering number.

I know statistics can be difficult to identify with. So, as most of you are mothers, or want to become mothers someday, I ask you to imagine that one of those women is your best friend, your sister, your mother, even your daughter. These numbers are in desperate need of changing, and I commend this organization for having the courage to operate on an all-volunteer basis, and for their efforts. 

Please check out their website and spread the word! This organization has been near and dear to my heart for some time, and it is filled with love. With inspiration. I am so very proud of the difference it's making, and I hope I will be able to see the work being done in person someday.

You can read more about their founding story here. You can also follow updates on their progress through their Facebook page

4 comments:

  1. Ohh heartbreaking. It just doesn't seem fair that a little life can lose their mama before really even knowing her. :( Thanks for sharing a little about this organization...I'll definitely have to check out their website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out, Kristin! I know that posts like this one aren't particularly "popular", unless the blogger posting it is a "big" one, but I think it's so important ... especially as mommy bloggers ... that we use our voices -- however small -- for something other than ourselves, too. Big hugs being sent your way!

      Delete
  2. How amazing of you to share such an important organization with us, Katie! I'll definitely have to check it out. I just wanted to thank you so much for your kind words the other day about my guest post on Michaela's blog. So nice of you! Okay, I'm off to go see more about this partnership....

    P.S. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate you stopping by, Danie! And you're welcome; I really loved your post.

      Delete