HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

November 2, 2012

Maile's Halloween





This year, Maile went trick-or-treating! Um, how weird is it to have a trick-or-treating little one? Weird.

But anyway, the evening was totally awesome. The weather was perfect for the holiday, and Maile got really into handing out candy by the end of the night.

Since Mr. M was away on his rig, my good friend Sara came over, to be a part of our costume (Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow -- of The Wizard of Oz), and to help manage the trick-or-treating sitch, in case I had to take Maile inside. Have you ever seen a cuter Scarecrow? Everyone on our street offered her candy, for lookin' so good! Maile's lion costume was the creation of Target. Obviously, I don't have mad sewing skills, but I did roll up a piece of paper, and tie some ribbon around it, so the Cowardly Lion got her courage. A very important contribution, if I do say so myself.

Of course, Baby Girl completely stole the show. Friendliest little lion ever! And she endeared herself all the more to the entire neighborhood, by running to the end of the driveway, candy in hand, yelling "Tih-oh-chee!" trying to fill baskets and bags before the kiddos even made it to the front porch. I mean, tell me that isn't adorable.

For good measure, here a few photos of Maile on Halloween, last year. I was a BlackBerry user, at the time, so please forgive the quality:





What a difference a year makes!

Happy November!

35 comments:

  1. Um, Dorothy, where are pictures of you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a solitary photo on Instagram. My costume was wildly unflattering, and not very good, either, LOL.

      Delete
  2. So super-cute! But where are you, Miss Dorothy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness, she's so cute!! Love the idea to do the wizard of oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Claire! It was a last-minute thing, but it turned out pretty well, I think. :)

      Delete
  4. Of course she stole the show, look how absolutely adorable she is!!! Her little face kills me, and she is getting so big compared to these older photos!! :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TJ! And yes, I can't believe how big she's getting!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goshhhhh :) That is so cute! I love how her version of trick-or-treat turned out. And I bet people loved her running out to them, that is too cute :)
    Seriously, SOOO much happens in one year, it's ridiculous. That's funny, I was using my digital camera last Halloween, it makes me love my new camera that much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she was totally cracking up everyone!

      I love my Canon! I still have virtually no idea how to use it, but I'm trying ... ;)

      Delete
  6. Hey Katie! Thanks for visiting me. :) I love your costumes! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Chrissy! Sure thing! Thanks so much, and thanks for becoming my newest follower. :)

      Delete
  7. Wow she has really grown up! I love the costumes. Maile sounds like one cute trick or treater, it's amazing how they can pick it up at such an early age. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just crazy, isn't it!? How quickly they grow? Bittersweet.

      Delete
  8. "Tih-oh-chee!?" Ahhhhhh, she wins. She can have all of my candy! So insanely adorable. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure I've commented on Maile's Halloween photos through Instagram and FB already, but I'll say it again...she is SO ADORABLE! The cutest little lion I've seen...ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaww she looks adorable in the lion outfit! Love these photos of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. she's so big compared to last year. what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is ... It just blows my mind how quickly she's growing. How on earth do you handle it, with three?

      Delete
  12. She is so PRECIOUS!
    And I love her name. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bradey! And thanks so much for following, too.

      Delete
  13. Love the costume! What a little cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness.... she is PRECIOUS! Love the costume!

    ReplyDelete
  15. !!! Cutest halloween costumes I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete