HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 23, 2012

What We Wore - Date Night Edition






This time of year, evenings in Colorado are notoriously fickle. Of course, most evenings, I can't be bothered to do much more than dash outside to cover our succulents, and tomato plant, but last Thursday was date night with Mr. M. We ventured out to one of our favorite restaurants, where I noshed on their signature bison meatloaf, and indulged in a rare glass of white wine. Tucked in the same area, is our regular movie theater. Have any of you seen "Looper"? I'm curious to know what you thought of it (so different)!

I wore a wear-anywhere shirt ... selected by Mr. M. I'm still not sure how I feel about myself in this particular borrowed-from-the-boys look, but the husband has always liked me in this style, and I gotta say, the comfort level means I'm very tempted to keep on wearing it.

On Mama: Shirt: J.Crew | Necklace: Family heirloom, given to me by Mr. M's mom-mom (similar) | Bracelet: House of Harlow | Denim: Rock Revival (similar) | Pumps: Nine West 


And, just to show you that I'm in no danger of becoming a fashion blogger, here's what was cropped from my first photo. She may not like TV much, but Maile is ridiculously good with technology. I had to set a password on my iPhone something like 3 or 4 months ago -- Don't believe for a second that's stopped her from trying to break into it. This pajama-clad iPhone bandit still plays music, takes self portraits, attempts "emergency" phone calls, and locks me out of my phone for oh ... 12 minutes at a time. 

16 comments:

  1. I need to get more button up shirts! Ugh my boobs are always way too big for those:( So pretty on you though!Also love the heel:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have the same problem. I've started sizing up one size. The shirt won't look quite as tailored, but thankfully, that's kind of the look right now anyway!

      And thank you!

      Delete
  2. You are gorgeous! I would say definitely keep rocking that look, I love it. Hurrah for fun date nights!
    I have to laugh at Maile's phone finagling skills.. Cruz has the same ones. It's CRAZY how early they learn how to work any gadgets! He is always ON A MISSION to get my phone. Hilarious.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, you are too sweet! Thanks!

      It really boggles my mind how quickly they learn technology now ... I mean, she brought up some Google Doc on astrophysics one day, on our iMac -- Crazy little girl!

      Delete
  3. You look so beautiful! And oh my gosh, Maile is concentrating so hard on that phone! What a little booger. Genius baby. I love your shoes btw, and I'm guessing Mr. M is behind the camera. Something about picturing a big manly man taking fashion photos cracks me up. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, pretty! That means a lot.

      Yes, Maile was on. a. mission, that evening.

      Those pumps have gotten some great wear -- I even wore them when I was pregnant, which you know is sayin' something! Great support, for heels. I think the "mid" heel helps. :)

      Oui, that would be Mr. M taking pictures! He's quite the director, too, which makes it even funnier. I'm totally with you. I still feel awkward, and it's everything I can do not to bust up laughing at him telling me how to stand/hold my head/etc.

      Delete
  4. James is the same way with a phone! He can pull up the most random stuff ever that I've never seen before....kids and technology, I tell ya! Looooove those jeans, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, huh!? Someday we're going to be telling them about how we used to play games on floppy discs, and they're going to look at us like we're aliens.

      And thank you! The jeans are a throwback from my days working at Buckle, when we first moved to Denver. The store isn't really my style, but it does have some awesome denim, and I put my 40% discount to good use when I worked there!

      Delete
  5. haha. My daughter is the same way! They grow up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't go wrong with gingham :) cute date night look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your plaid shirt; super cute. Those shoes are quite nice too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Oluwaseun! I appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I don't know if you were aware, I certainly was not, but iPhones have a setting that is awesome for kids. It's called Guided Access, and is under accessibility in settings. It basically locks your phone in a certain app, and requires you to push the home button 3 times and enter a code to get out of it. I use it when my nephews want to play games (5 and 3). It keeps them from doing anything else! Your snow pics were gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea! I'm constantly helping Maile back into her games when she "homes" out of them -- Thank you so much!

      Delete