HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 22, 2012

The Sunflower State


Fast asleep in the big bed, the morning we left.


Showing off her all-American style, in front of my parents' house.


Mr. M made me get in the picture, too ...


For some reason, this is probably my favorite photo of my parents and Little Miss -- it was taken at the Hutchinson Zoo.


Feeding koi at the zoo ... Maile absolutely loved this!


Walking on "the moon" with Neil Armstrong, in front of the Kansas Cosmosphere.


Astronaut Maile. She takes her job very, very seriously.


Baby Girl, asleep in my childhood bed. There is an incredible family history to this bed, but heirloom status aside, there is something quite surreal about seeing your babe in Dreamland, in the bed you slept in as a girl.

Here are a few photos of our time in Kansas. We had so much fun on this last little trip to visit Maile's Marmee and Papa in their current house, as they'll be making their home in Iowa in just a couple of weeks! Maile is at an age where she loves interacting with people ... Big improvement from when she would cry every time her Marmee tried to hold her. And, of course, our dogs are always a big fan of seeing their "Uncle" Shadow (my parents' Boykin Spaniel). So, we were glad to bring them with us. 

Please forgive the fact that these photos were all taken with my iPhone. Somehow, in the early morning hours of our departure from home, I managed to leave my beloved Canon. I won't do it again! But I still got some pics ... Always a good thing ...

15 comments:

  1. She is so cute!! I love the photo of her in the astronaut suit!!! And what a gorgeous bed!! How amazing is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she hammed it up big time in the astronaut suit -- I think she would've done that all afternoon, if we would've let her! ;)

      Delete
  2. You can't even really tell they are iphone photos! I love the one of them "walking on the moon" looks like fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun trip! I love the astronaut photos, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie, she is SO CUTE. Seriously adorable. What a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so much, Kayla! You're sweet. We had a fantastic time with my parents!

      Delete
  5. ok, it's to the point where my excessive comments about Maile's shoes are getting weird. But SERIOUSLY! I love those shoes and she just looks adorable...sounds like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! It is so NOT weird. LOL. Sadly, I think she's about to outgrow these Converse -- Hoping I can score big again at our favorite thrift store; I really don't want to pay $30+ for another pair!

      Delete
  6. that's so awesome that she's interacting and wanting to be a part of other people's lives. and can i just say she's kind of making me day with those astronaut pictures? they're hilarious and tooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interaction has been a huge step for Maile! Until a few months ago, she was a painfully shy Mama's girl. She's still a Mama's girl, but she definitely loves other people, too, now!

      And thank you!

      Delete
  7. Your daughter is such a cutie with beautiful eyes! :D

    ReplyDelete