HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 24, 2012

The Weekend ...














Maile was a little bit difficult to deal with this weekend, because she's teething. We think. Anyway -- Despite her iffy mood, and the fact that it was scheduled during her regular naptime, we decided to take Baby Girl to the neighborhood pumpkin hunt and magic show on Saturday. Sometimes, the best thing we can do with our fussy little, is to get her outside! 

While there wasn't a pumpkin to be found, there was an awful lot of candy, and some cute toys, too. We typically don't allow Maile much refined sugar, but after her first find, we gave her a (blueberry!) Dum Dum from her bag as a special treat. Surprisingly, she also really enjoyed the magic show ... and even tried to make a break for the magician at one point.

As it happened, some fresh air was a godsend this weekend. Also, thank you to Mr. M who took charge of our Monkey after the activities, for some quality time on the slide, and hide-and-go-seek with Dada, so I could socialize a bit with some of the other parents. Whatever would we do without fathers?

15 comments:

  1. just stumbled upon your cute blog and read your love story and about tab, SO cute!! love your blog already! and your little girl is precious :)

    Love from NYC,

    Taylor

    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    15% off Taylor Morgan Jewelry Today, Free Shipping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words, Taylor -- Hope to see you back at Standpipe & Sprinkles soon!

      Delete
  2. Oh My Gosh! I literally just started giving Jeremy dum dums this weekend too!! I love it!
    That's hilarious, it seems like I'm just saying that to be funny, but I promise I JUST started giving him dum dums also, now he wants them all the time. I was a little cautious at first giving them to him, just because i didn't want the thing to fall off, but we've been lucky so far. And I'm so glad you got some quality time to have some girl talk. I can't get over how cute Maile is. Her hair sticks up in the back, just like Jeremy's. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, I totally believe you. I think it's pretty common to start giving them at around this age. They're really not that bad, as far as sugar goes. Heck, our dentist gives them out at his office! (Though maybe that's just a sneaky business tactic? LOL)

      Here in CO, her hair just sticks up, but if we go anywhere with even a little humidity (New Jersey, Georgia, Kansas ...) those funky hairs turn into CURLS!

      Delete
  3. Ugh...teething! We are going through the same thing. I'm ready for those babies to pop through so I can have my happy boy back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, teething is not fun! I hope it's over quickly for you both! A pumpkin hunt sounds like fun, pity there weren't any left though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, here's to hoping teething passes quickly. I just can't get over how absolutely ADORABLE she is!!!!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little girl is so adorable. Just found your blog through a "quite the blog" link up.
    I'm looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is too stinkin' cute!!I can see why playiing with her would be on y our happy list! It is snowing here today too! IN UTAH where do you live? Thanks for commenting on my blog
    Your friend,
    Ash
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by again, Ashlee!

      We live in the Denver area, in Colorado. :) Are y'all supposed to get any more snow? We've got more in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh she looks so much like her daddy !!! so cute to see ! she's adorable, and i love the little halloween themed hair clip. so cute !
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, doesn't she? :) Thank you so much for stopping by -- You have a lovely blog!

      Delete