HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 31, 2012

Friday Afternoon


On Friday afternoon, Maile surprised me by sitting down to color (a favorite quiet-time activity), and holding her crayon in a nearly perfect "pencil grip"! And, wonderful mother that I am, I didn't even really notice until Audrey (who has three adorable kiddos, and clearly knows how to pay attention at this point) pointed out the milestone to me on Instagram. I was such an excited mama. I am an excited mama! Maile and I spent the afternoon together enjoying some much needed down time. Little things like coloring with my sweet, smart girl, sure do make me feel good. And Baby Girl actually sharing her crayons ... the only thing she doesn't share well ... for once, was delightful!

Happy Halloween! If you're trick-or-treating or going out tonight, be safe. I'm looking forward to seeing what fun everyone has!

13 comments:

  1. Clever girl! She looks like a coloring pro :)

    Happy halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's definitely getting there!

      Happy Halloween to you, too!

      Delete
  2. Look at that pencil grip! It's more perfect than mine!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mine, too ... Now that you mention it. This little girl does everything with precision, though!

      Delete
  3. YEA MAILE! She's got a great grip!

    Ummm is it weird that I STILL love coloring? Never gets old...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secret: We have almost always had coloring books in the house. Both Tim and I enjoy coloring. Though he likes to color with colored pencils (so weird). ;)

      Delete
  4. That IS a great milestone!! She is such a cutie. Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashley!

      Happy Halloween to you, too!

      Delete
  5. new[est] follower. loving this post and loving your blog! so glad I happen to stumble across it!
    can't wait to keep following along!

    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, thanks so much for following, Elise! I often see your blog in others' blog rolls (such a clever name -- it always sticks out to me) and don't know why I haven't stopped by before now. Looking forward to getting to know you and your blog a little better. :)

      Delete
  6. Yay congrats on the new achievement! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Marie!

      And thanks, as well, for becoming a new follower. That means a lot to me!

      Delete
  7. I was going to say something about that too! How she's holding the crayon, she's a baby genius.

    ReplyDelete