HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 18, 2012

An Afternoon at Hudson Gardens

Before our trip to Kansas, to visit Maile's Marmee and Papa, Maile and I spent an afternoon at Littleton's Hudson Gardens with our friends Annie and Silas. Among other botanic adventures, we toured the beautiful dahlia plots. Baby Girl and Si Guy also thought the Thomas the Train setup was pretty cool; they really, really wanted to touch all the "choo-choos" and "toot toots." ;)

The last time I was at a botanic garden, Maile was just a wink in God's eye -- I wasn't even pregnant yet. So, it was fun to have her running around this place. Remembering my last garden trip, from our time living in the Big City a couple of years ago, apparently I'm making a habit of visits on unseasonably warm (read: HOT!) days. I guess I'm a summer girl, through and through!











10 comments:

  1. what cute photos! i love the flowers and the kiddos walking around checking out the sights of the garden is precious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg! Despite the extreme heat, we had a wonderful time. And the kids found ways to cool off (like dumping cups of water on themselves, haha). :)

      Delete
  2. Love Maile's bow! She's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, I love going to the botanical gardens. It's always so beautiful. What a little cutie! And I love how you made the reference that she was a "wink in God's eye". So precious!! ;)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so sweet. Looks like such a fun trip, Katie! Those flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have a great time with Annie and Silas! Mommy friends are so important. :) The dahlia garden was amazing -- I only wish I could've snapped a few more photos!

      Delete