HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 12, 2012

Guest Post: I Believe, from Jeannette


I’m so glad Katie is allowing me to do a guest post! Katie and I both attended the same college and are in the same sorority.  It’s so fun to follow her blog and her adorable daughter and see what’s going on in her life!

I recently started blogging, and I’m still on my blog journey at Always, Jeannette, but it’s something I’ve really come to appreciate.  It takes a lot to put yourself out there but it’s so rewarding.

I love checking out other blogs for inspiration.  One that I really enjoy is Keep Calm & Carry On. Last month, Katie, the blogger, did a post based on this Audrey Hepburn quote:


She made her own lists of “beliefs,” and it inspired me to make my own.

I believe that sometimes, chocolate is the only answer you want right now
I believe in having a job you love, even if it drives you crazy sometimes

Orientation presentation with 12-13 Resident Assistants

I believe in telling the people you love them as often as you can
I believe in family quality time


I believe in the power of a smile
I believe in forcing yourself to exercise


I believe in having more face to face conversations than you do online
I believe in biting off more than you can chew


I believe in marriage, and being with one person forever
I believe in taking off your heels and walking in barefeet when necessary


I believe in hitting the snooze button more than once some mornings
I believe in volunteering, giving back, and helping others in need

RA Service Day, at work

I believe in embracing awkward moments
I believe in trying as much as you can at least once
Trying a chicken foot at Dum Sum for the first time ever




I believe in taking a “sick” day when you need an emotional or mental break.
I believe in the beach; it’s amazing what salt water, sun, and sand, can do for your soul.


I believe in laughing until it hurts
I believe everyone deserves love

In life there is a lot of uncertainty, and sometimes I’m not sure what I believe or what to question, so it’s nice to know, deep down, there are some things I can always count on in my heart.

 

2 comments:

  1. I love your list of beliefs...I always find myself hitting the snooze button and the beach has to be the most amazing place to just relax.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pretty fantastic list, huh!

      As a SAHM, I don't typically set an alarm (unless Baby Girl have someplace to be in the AM, which I try to avoid), but I sure do miss living near an ocean.

      Thanks for your comment, Erica!

      Delete