HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

September 6, 2012

What We Wore - Birthday Edition






For my birthday, Mr. M really wanted to take me out for a nice lunch. Like really. I kept saying, "It's fine. Another time." But he all but insisted. And when the most easy-going guy on Earth practically begs you to go out to lunch, you go out for lunch.

We chose a place that's been on our list of restaurants to try, Bent Fork, which has a rep ... in a good way. It's still incredibly warm here (read: 90s) in Colorado, but I wanted to look presentable for my own birthday lunch; this is what I came up with. 

In hindsight, I'm not the happiest with this ensemble; I can do way, way better -- but the cool thing about this feature, and having Mr. M snap these pictures for me, is that I can pretty much see myself as everyone else does. :) 

On Me: Earrings: Charming Charlie (similar here) | Tank: J.Crew (similar here) | Bracelets: House of Harlow, Gift (similar here) | Shorts: J.Crew | Flats: J.Crew (similar here)

Baby Girl was being completely uncooperative with our little photo shoot, but you can get the gist of her outfit here

P.S. If you haven't entered the Jordan Diane Designs giveaway yet, there's still time! Enter here.

19 comments:

  1. Your man sounds like my man! LOVE your earrings by the way, and still find it hard to believe how short you are!!! Oh, and Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Men can be sooo vain, right?

      It cracks me up that you can't tell how short I am. I guess, never having seen me in person DOES make a difference! I always feel like it's super obvious, but that kinda makes me feel better. :)

      Delete
  2. That is so cute! I don't even know if it's possible to dress up really if it's 90 degrees? You should get a cute dress, I know I couldn't wear dresses when I was nursing, but you would look super cute in a dress, and I'm sure you could find one that isn't completely uncomfortable to wear in a 90 degree sauna. Hehe.
    That was so sweet of Mr. M to take you out, you guys are adorable!

    And Happy Birthday!

    -Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love (even prefer) dresses, but they aren't very nursing-friendly, like you said. Maile is starting to only nurse first thing in the morning, down for her nap, then once in the afternoon, and at night, though ... So maybe I can start swinging dresses for family outings again, soon!

      Delete
  3. i think you look adorable, girl! and how sweet that he insisted on taking you out. adore! and happy belated birthday!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! This is a great combination look! and short girl here representin' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kristina!

      We shorties have to stick together, haha. ;)

      Delete
  5. What a cute outfit, Katie! Loving the red shorts. You're adorable- I work with Jordan and she was telling me about you the other day. Glad you two connected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Michaela!

      It's awesome how people can connect online, isn't it? I sometimes get on a soapbox about how the internet is making us more DISconnected, but you can definitely find a sense of community, if you look for it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. THis is a really cute outfit!! and a belated happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete