HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

June 27, 2013

It Was Her Birthday












There aren't any pictures of me, Tim, and Maile as a family, from Maile's birthday weekend (though there is a picture of Maile with my mama, her beautiful Marmee) ... which basically tells you everything you need to know about how it went. ;) It was a bit hectic, and a whole lotta fun; I was more relaxed this year. What's most important about birthdays is that Maile gets to spend them with the people who love her. There wasn't a crazy cake (I baked a raspberry-lemon tea cake for our girl who isn't big on sweets). I didn't spend hours on elaborate table settings, only to have them immediately destroyed by a hurricane of toddlers. And I actually got to enjoy myself, too!

For dinner, Tim put together an amazing tri-tip roast. We all stood around our kitchen island and laughed and told stories. Little girls tugged on skirts, asking for more cake and lemonade. There were strawberry-stained faces and hands. One very crazy squirrel. And Maile fell asleep in my arms before the last guests left.

I'm not sure if I'll ever be a "Pinterest mom," which probably means eventual PTA shunning, or something like that. But a simple good time, and a whole lot of love? That, I can do.

Google Reader will be discontinued soon, and we'd so love for you to continue to follow along with our little family. Click here to follow via Bloglovin'.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Katie, what a beautiful gathering! Those little shoes are too sweet. Hope you had a wonderful weekend with loved ones. I bet that wheel of cheese was devoured quick sharp! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Imogen -- Thank you! We had a wonderful time with our friends and family, and there was hardly a bit of cheese left! ;)

      Delete
  2. A relaxed party is the best kind of party - happy birthday to your little sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that looks gorgeous and very Pinterest worthy. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your girl! Love her pink dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol those princess shoes. i remember having some plastic dress up shoes. i remember i really loved wearing them but they were actually REALLY uncomfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

      Delete
  7. From one non-pinterest mom to another, I loved this :) I approach C's birthdays the same way. So when you get shunned, come find me. I'll be sitting alone in the other corner ;)
    Happy birthday, beautiful girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! If it's possible, I just love you even more now, my friend.

      <3

      Delete