HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

February 25, 2013

Les Canards


That guy in the background? Not exactly the type you'd expect to get excited about feeding ducks. But after seeing my post from our first Clement Park adventure, and hearing how much Maile loved it, he insisted we take her again before he had to head back to work. He stocked our pack with bread, tortillas, and snacks. We left the house early, in our hats and sweats, wanting to take in the entirety of the gorgeous day.


70 degrees and hardly a cloud in the sky. More often than not, this is what Mile High winters look like, friends! (Though yes, the pond is frozen, hehe.)


This moment is forever imprinted in my memory, and I'm actually thrilled I captured it on camera. It's hard sometimes, isn't it? To photograph, or not to photograph ...


Photograph.


Photograph.


Photograph.


At least, on this day.

14 comments:

  1. i love how excited kids get to feed the ducks. it's such a cute experience. so good your husband got to watch her doing that before heading back. have a lovely week Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family is so cute!
    Love her sleeping with puppy pics. Those always melt my heart on IG.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Good luck when Daddy goes back to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for always being a positive, encouraging voice, Sandra!!!

      Delete
  3. i'm grown up and even i love feeding ducks! looks beautiful. makes me want to visit my parents and sister in colorado!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention it, I do, too! It's such a relaxing activity.

      It'd be fun to get together next time you're here.

      Delete
  4. I'm jealous of your beautiful weather. I'm so ready for 70 degree temperatures (even if there is a frozen pond in the background.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, just a few days later, we got slammed with snow -- so don't be too jealous, I guess! Hehe. But we do love the weather here. :)

      Delete
  5. Sweetest little smile. What a special day. I like that you pointed that out- to photograph or not to photograph. Sometimes I love just having the memory in my head and other times, it's so fun to have photos to look back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michaela!

      Yes, especially as a mama, I struggle A LOT with whether or not I should be snapping away. There are so many things I don't want to forget ... But you know that John Mayer song, "3x5"? I know, I know ... I'm super cheesy -- haha -- but it does remind me that sometimes the memory is better than anything else. :)

      Delete
  6. you baby girl is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete