HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

December 10, 2012

Girls Get Together


Recently, two dear friends of I had what I'm calling our First Annual Girls' Get-Together. It was so much fun, and I was pretty sad to say goodbye to one of my best college girlfriends. Claire and I met on our very first day of orientation at Roanoke College, where we were in the same Honors orientation group (nerd alert!) and bonded over our mutual love of Audrey Hepburn, and being high school field hockey players. For the next few years, you hardly ever saw one of us without the other. Claire and I also went to graduate school together. 

Claire was passing through Denver on her way to spend Thanksgiving with her Boulder family; she currently has this amazingly cool gig with the Gila Resources Information Project in the amazingly cool City of Silver in New Mexico. I love my job as a stay-at-home wife and mama, but I also love God's beautiful handiwork, and a great cause, so I do a bit of vicarious living through my dear Claire, too.

We decided to do this on-the-fly, but we actually had a lot of fun deciding where we would meet, there being so many fantastic Mile High spots. We decided on Pajama Baking Company, a favorite that has everything from hand-crafted kosher meat sandwiches and organic and fair trade coffee, to the best gelato I've had outside of Italy. My closest local mama friend, Annie -- to whom Claire introduced me -- and her sweet Si Guy also joined us. It was so fun to experience our dynamic together (plus the littles), considering the three of us have never hung out at once!

It was such a great afternoon, and it was definitely one of those days where I just had to mentally pause, look around, and be thankful for the love in my life. To have these girls from two different, yet overlapping parts of my world, in one place, having the best time ... well, it was awesome. 


We went out on Pearl Street for a bit to pet friendly neighborhood canines and wave to the fire engine that kept circling for all the kiddos that were out on that gorgeous day. We ended the afternoon with hugs, kisses, and a few tears.


I don't know if I've ever said it here, but the friendships I have with "my girls" make my world go 'round, and this get-together was so special. I know this post is a bit late in coming, but I really wanted to share, to make sure I captured that day here. 

I already can't wait for our meeting next year. ;)

I'm linking up this post with Leah, of Beautifully Molded, and her lovely co-hosts, for her Healthy You, Happy You - Thursday project -- Here are the details!

23 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannette! It will actually be changing yet again, but I so appreciate your sweet compliment.

      Delete
  2. oh, how fun!
    girl time is the BEST (and so needed).
    sounds like you had a fabulous get together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's something I rarely get, not living near many friends ... but we sure had a wonderful time. :)

      Delete
  3. You all are so bright and colorful! :) Glad you had a great time. Xo, Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margaret!

      Yes, I hadn't noticed until now, but we are a rather colorful bunch, aren't we? ;)

      Delete
  4. I love get together with my girlfriends as well. I am missing my college girlfriends right now. You have some very adorable children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I miss my college girlfriends fiercely! Most of them stayed in Virginia, or on the East Coast -- I definitely crave reunion time with them.

      Thanks so much for stopping by, Jenna!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you, Rachel!

      It's from the OshKosh line for Target -- they have some really cute things!

      Delete
  6. There is nothing better than an amazing girls day!! Glad you had fun!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Y'all are such a cute group! I love special girl time. You just can't beat it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Katie, It looks like you all had lots of fun. I also love getting together with friends whom I don't get to spend enough time with. Thanks for sharing.

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree, Rosy! Getting together with the special people in your life is super important.

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  9. Ahh, I'm so glad you got a chance to do that. We all need those moments with our girls, it helps us keep our little island of sanity :)
    I'm not sure we have a pajama baking company over here, but that looks like a place Jeremy would love too.
    You all look so cute :)
    *Hugs* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that Island of Sanity is a veeery important place for us mamas! Hehe. I like that.

      Jeremy would love PBC, for sure! It's such a kid friendly place ... maybe y'all will be able to visit someday. :)

      Delete
  10. I have six older sisters and we try to do annul sister weekends! It is definitely one of the highlights our year! we also started a private "sister blog" and I have one for my best friends growing up but it is so fun for all of us to update and contribute in one place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Six older sisters sounds like quite the adventure for your dad. ;) I have two younger sisters, and three girls in one house was pretty crazy sometimes!

      I love the idea of a private blog for sisterly updates -- so awesome!

      Delete
  11. True friends are so hard to find, aren't they? People to cherish!

    Have a lovely Wednesday, Jillian!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so cute K! I love your iPhone case :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that's so wonderful you got to hang out with your friends. I'm sure it was a bittersweet experience! what a blessing. i need to have more girl time myself. love your baby's outfit. so adorable!
    thank you for linking up Katie!

    ReplyDelete