HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 9, 2012

Guest Post: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, From The Newfangled Housewife

I'm so happy that Emily is back, with another fabulous recipe! For those of you who don't know, I'm going to let you in on a little secret ...

I've known Emmy ...

Since birth.

Yep! The Newfangled Housewife is my younger sister. Obviously, I think she's pretty fantastic. And she's got a yummy recipe to share with y'all today! My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Read on. Bake on.


So excited to be guest posting on this fabulous blog once again! I thought it was only right to post a pumpkin recipe. October makes me want nothing but pumpkin, apple, and all the right spices.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:

- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 C pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 C all purpose, unbleached flour
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Whisk together your applesauce, eggs, and pumpkin in a large bowl.


- In a smaller bowl, premix your flours, salt, baking soda, and spices. Gradually mix these in to your pumpkin mix.


*Note: Because I'm somewhat lazy and didn't want to wash an extra dish, I simply mixed the dry ingredients in with the pumpkin (rather than premixing). However, it definitely works best if you premix them on their own*

- Mix in your chocolate chips. Fill lined, large muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Cook for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick or knife can be removed from the center of a muffin cleanly.


These muffins aren't super sweet, so if you want to give them an extra kick -- sprinkle powdered sugar on top! This recipe also makes a fabulous bread.

Don't forget to check out my blog for more fall recipes!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. Nothing is better than chocolate chips and pumpkin. I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Definitely give them a try, Brittany ... and thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. oh no...I will.. I already pinned them:)

      Delete
  2. These look amazing! I'll have to try and veganize them. Thanks for sharing

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Melissa! Emily has quite a few vegan friends; I know she makes an effort for her recipes to be easy to veganize, as she often does so herself. :) Hope you're able to give 'em a try!

      Delete
    2. Melissa,

      I'm pretty sure upping the amount of applesauce or adding about 1/4 C vegetable oil (per egg) and using vegan chocolate chips would make them vegan friendly! Make sure to let me know if you try it out!

      Delete
  3. oh gosh, I love pumpkin everything right now. This looks delicious!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin is definitely a fall staple -- Don't they look sooo good!?

      Delete
  4. Yay! So glad the post came out :). Have we REALLY known each other that long ;)... kidding... of course. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks yummy! too bad i'm too lazy to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Well, going to the coffee shop for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins is pretty good, too! ;)

      Delete
  6. I am pinning this!!! Yum Yum Yum!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I'll pin it. :)

    PS I've nominated you for the Liebster award. You can check it out here:
    http://itssarahrose.blogspot.com/2012/10/i-was-nominated-for-liebster-award.html#.UHVSBBzmdww

    And if you want to swap blog buttons, leave a comment on the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks so much, Sarah!

      We are away visiting family right now, so I have very limited time online, but I can't wait to check it out when we get home!

      Delete