HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

October 2, 2012

Earth



Over the past month or so, I've noticed myself pinning a number of images of clean, earthy interiors. The other day at Target, I had to put my head down and practically run through the store to get my grocery shopping done, so as to avoid all the gorgeous home goods clearly inspired by native art, and raw woods. It was one of those moments in which you just have to keep your wits about you, or you risk entering some sort of nightmarish Supermarket Sweep state ...

Of course, being married to a roughneck + having a toddler, two dogs, and a cat, I know those pretty white walls aren't always so pretty and white. Especially when multiple oilfield workers come rollin' through the house, "fresh" off a two-week hitch ... Let me tell you! The grime! But I love the look. It's so very easy, organic, Colorado. I hope I can incorporate this aesthetic into our home. 

Next week, I get to go an Ikea date with my good friend Sara. I. can't. wait! I have a love-hate relationship with the gigantor store, but a large part of the reason that I've come to terms with shopping there is that it's relatively non-committal. I kind of need that, and I'm so looking forward to our little trip.

Photo credits: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

4 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos. I'm definitely a fan of the earthy home decor, too!

    Have a blissful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Ikea dates are dangerous!! So many beautiful things. I would buy everything if I could!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete