HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

August 28, 2012

Northern California: The Last

I know, I know ... I took a lot of pictures in NorCal.

The crazy thing is, I didn't even take as many as I would've liked!

I guess we really enjoy ourselves when we're "back in, back in, Cali, Cali ..." ;)
See the rest of our photos here and here.


The beautiful Buttes, in motion -- one of the shortest mountain ranges on Earth.


These two. They're related. (Mr. M's Uncle Donny, and a second cousin.)


Maile's "Grandma and Grandpa" Jean and Gary -- family friends -- live almost entirely off the grid, in the Sierra Mountains. Jean has let this gorgeous grapevine just go, in front of their home; I love the wild of it.



Sweaty Baby made a habit of drinking milkshakes on retro black-and-white floors of questionable cleanliness ... and we let her. It. was. so. hot.


Maile's friend Brody. Toddlers are always in motion (and therefore, blurry)!


You have to eat a Jake Burger quickly ... or it will eat you.



Stuffing her face full of fries. Wearing Lilly. We Mitchells keep it classy.

Hope to see you again soon, California!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE california and every time we get the opportunity to go out (we go at least once a year) I take a billion pictures. I actually save a billion pics on my phone in case the DC weather gets all funky and I want to look at my happy place (california) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to college on the East Coast, Jess, and there are a lot of things I miss about it, but we love Colorado, and our visits "home" (truly, for Mr. M) to California are always a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Haha! Love the burger comment! Your little girl has the most awesome hair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me that burger doesn't look like something out of Rocky Horror! Haha. But seriously, I have to get a kid-sized meal every time we eat at Jake's Burgers -- That baby belonged to Mr. M!

      And oh, Maile's hair, Maile's hair ... It's a task! It's fine (like mine), but there's so. much. of. it. And it sticks every which crazy way (like Mr. M's). I've come to embrace the wild of it. :)

      Delete
  3. Love your pictures! looks like such a fun getaway! your little girl is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete