HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

August 14, 2012

Guest Post: Head Over Heels, from Beth Lawrence



I may be mad, but I think the back of my baby's head is beautiful.  It's one (of many) of my obsessions about my baby. 
I don't know if it's the way his ears stick out. 
Maybe its the fact that the hair on the nape of his neck forms a perfect, straight line.


Or maybe it's the sweet swirl of his 'cow lick.'
Or how you can tell how fine and silky soft his hair is without even rubbing your cheek against it (though I can never do that enough). 

Maybe it's because that's the perfect view of his delicate wisps of curls.
Or it could be the way I know if he is smiling or serious without even seeing his sweet face.
Maybe the shape of his head just seems perfect to me ...
Whatever it is, I love it. Just like I love every part of him. 

It may be a bit strange to be this enamored with something that is typically seen as ordinary, but the good news is - I know there are others! In fact, Kat inspired this post when she admitted her own fascination with her precious Maile's crown in a comment on my blog. And after asking around I've found that we are not alone in this particular aspect of mommy craziness. We are just joining a long line of infatuated and enthusiastic mothers. 

Perhaps being a little crazy isn't so bad when it comes to being crazy in love with your children. 

1 comment:

  1. Aaaww such a sweet post :) i love my son's hair when he was a baby too...

    ReplyDelete