HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

July 25, 2013

Western Wanderlust // "In a Tent!"








I used to think that camping wasn't for me. (Glamping is whole different story ...) It makes me sad to reminisce over this -- the fact that I was actually much less open to new experiences before Maile came along. Then again, doing different things, and getting to also see these activities through Maile's eyes, is something kind of wonderful. (Also, slightly more terrifying, as there are about a million ways for a curious toddler to injure herself while camping.)

So thankful for this family of mine, and for lovely friends who invite us to places we've never been. I don't doubt for a moment that Maile will remember "going camping! In a TENT!" I can't wait to go camping in a tent again.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely captures!
    Camping is indeed an amazing way to make memories with our littles.
    M looks so content.

    Lovely landscape captures too Mamma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandra!

      By the time our weekend was over, we were all ready to return home, but we had a fabulous time, and Maile absolutely loved it!

      Delete
  2. that's awesome katie. i'm sure she will always remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for camping! We LOVE camping! Unfortunately, we haven't brought Ellie as much as we said we were going to do back when I was pregnant, because her sleeping issues cause quite a commotion when we are all trying to sleep in a tent together...and usually what happens, more often than not, is that none of gets any sleep, which makes all of us a bit testy and crabby....not the most ideal moods when you're supposed to be enjoying nature. But every year we take a stab at it to see if it'll work! And usually, after the first night, I am swearing that we will NEVER attempt camping again...and yet we do...because camping holds such a place in our hearts and we are determined to expose Ellie to all the wonderful things nature can teach us!! I am so happy to hear you guys are making sure Maile enjoy things like camping..in a tent! ha ha! xoxo
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, don't hate me ... I never would've pegged you as a camping gal! LOL. This is yet another reason we need to meet in person! And maybe even go camping together. :) Love ya!

      Delete
  4. Well, it looks like it was a beautiful spot to introduce Maile to camping! We are taking Oliver to Lake Tahoe in a couple of weeks for his first camping trip. I'm nervous! We used to LOVE camping but the last time we went I was 25 weeks pregnant... It's been awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous! Thank goodness for our local friends; I'm not sure we ever would've found that spot, otherwise. I can't wait to read about your Tahoe adventures with sweet Oliver!

      Delete
  5. Her sweet little adventure shoes are so cute! I might need some in my size...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my favorite Target purchases. Infinitely less expensive than Keen shoes, but very sturdy, and Maile loves them!

      PS - I'd totally wear them, too. ;)

      Delete