HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

February 11, 2013

What I Love About Being His Wife


Rough hands. Forcing me to try new foods. Refusing to yell at me ... ever. Playing Xbox LIVE into the wee hours of the morning. Pinching my bum as I walk up the stairs ahead of him. Selective hearing. Loudest sneezes in. the. world. Leaving his clothes on the floor. Telling me I'm beautiful, first thing in the morning.

We've been together 9 years, this year, and yep, he drives me crazy sometimes. I take deep breaths, I glare at him, I try desperately not to roll my eyes. 

My husband. His name means "to honor God." It's the perfect name for my Timothy, though I never, ever call him by it, because it sounds so strangely distant. To me he's babe, or Stuckey (if you really want, I might write a post on our silly pet names -- he calls me Bucket). But I digress ...

To honor God. This is what this man does every single day. In his friendships, in his relationships, in his work, in his family. 

I love witnessing the excitement he feels when our Maile does something new. I love the sheer abandon and joy with which he plays with her.

I love seeing our true love change and grow.

I love how he inspires me to be better than I am.

I love the way he still nuzzles his nose into my neck as he sleeps, and mumbles "You smell so good."

I love how he sometimes kisses me so forcefully, that he almost knocks me over. Even though I lightly punch his arm and whine, "Honey! I'm short! You hurt my neck when you do that!"

I love who I am with him. 

I love how I've explored so many new things with, and because of, him.

I love that he motivates me.

And most of all, I love him because he loves me, even though I take life way too seriously. Even though I take myself way too seriously. He reminds me that life is life! That I shouldn't care so much what "everyone" thinks. That I am me, and he loves me for me. 

I feel that lately, I haven't appreciated him for all he is. I've been so focused on trying to be the always-elusive "perfect" mother, that I forget to tell him that I love him.

So this is me saying, babe ... I love you. All of you. All of us. 

And I love you more.

38 comments:

  1. what a sweet post, lady! i had to laugh out loud when i read "pinching my bum as i walk up the stairs ahead." luke does that all the time! i always try to make him walk ahead of me! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I try to do the same thing.

      I'm rarely successful.

      Delete
  2. This was the most beautiful thing I've read....maybe ever. Wow girl. It almost brought tears to my eyes! I can feel the love you have for him through my laptop :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post. It sounds like both you and Tim are so perfect for each other! you guys have a marriage that is definitely admirable. oh, and I think the "pinching of the bum while walking ahead of him on the stairs" thing must be common for a lot of wives...haha I usually bolt up the stairs as fast as I can ahead of him, or make him go ahead of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed out loud reading this, getting a mental picture of you "bolting" up the stairs ahead of Michael. Probably because, as long as Maile isn't in my arms, I do exactly the same thing!

      Delete
  4. so incredibly sweet Katie. Such a beautiful love story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, heartfelt post! Makes me smile
    Have a lovely day!

    Biancasinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Bianca! I hope you had a wonderful day, as well.

      Delete
  6. this gave me chills... and i seriously almost cried!!! it is so awesome to see other women who are madly in love and appreciative of their husbands!!! this world needs strong marriages. thanks for sharing your heart here today!!! ... but i think my husband may be the loudest sneezer in the world! just saying. lol. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Maybe the loud sneezes are a guy thing? He even draws them out, just to annoy me, sometimes. LOL

      ::shaking my head:: Men ...

      Delete
  7. Sweet! But I think my hubby has the loudest sneezes in the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to think that there's a male-run conspiracy going on ... Who can annoy their wife the most with their obnoxious sneezes! Hehe.

      Delete
  8. OMG, you guys are soooo cute ♥ I L♡VE IT!!!!
    ♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was truly beautiful Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a sweet post. I really enjoyed reading it and being a witness your great love!

    -Rosy
    www.ajoyfulkindoflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful post about your hubby. Sounds like you are both lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet <3 I hope he reads this and melts <3 I can relate to the forceful kisses that hurt your neck (my hubby stands a foot taller than me and twice my size too) but I never have the heart to tell him to stop. I don't want him to stop! you're a lucky girl, and so is maile, he's a lucky guy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He read this and got a big head about it! Haha. Nawww, he's such a jokester. He loved it ... AND got a big head about it. ;)

      Tim is a little over a foot taller than me, too (and almost twice my size, just like your hubby). I don't really want him to stop, either, hehe. I just love that he does it!

      Delete
  13. :) :) This just makes me so, so happy! I actually read this yesterday but didn't have time to comment. Although we're new friends and have not technically met, I'm very thankful and it makes me genuinely happy to read what a blessing your husband is to you. You can really feel the love and connection you two have with one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Shannon! We really do love each other with all our hearts. I know you feel the same way about your wonderful husband. :)

      Delete
  14. This is so sweetly written! It is such a blessing to have a happy marriage with the one you love the very most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet! Most of what your described is my husband too - nice to know other women have to cover their behinds when walking in front of their partners...hilarious! Much love xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Audrey! Haha. Yes, I was cracking up reading all the comments from friends here who also have to run up the stairs ahead of their husbands. Thanks for always leaving such supportive, encouraging comments here!

      <3

      Delete
  16. Aaawwww this is a lovely post. I recently wrote a love letter post to my dearest and it's really a blessing to have a special one in our lives. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marie! I couldn't agree with you more.

      xo

      Delete
  17. aww this is so good. i feel like we need to actively remind ourselves what we really love about our favorite guy. this always helps me to balance out the other things that frustrate me.

    xo

    ReplyDelete