HEADER

 photo SYT_header_zps33613037.jpg

LINKS

home about love ourhome sponsor contact

January 28, 2013

A Monday Song


I thought I'd share a song this morning, full of many things I've been feeling, but haven't been able to express, myself.

I first heard this song last week, on K-LOVE, my favorite radio station. It had been an incredibly long day with Maile. Full of things I didn't want to do, full of things she didn't want to do. And she was such an angel that day. Patient. Beautiful. With a smile, a huge "HI!", and a wave for everyone she came in contact with. As the day wore on, and I felt exhaustion taking over, my heart's desire was to be more like her, my little girl who isn't even two ... my little old soul.

My prayer for you is that you make the most of your day, and take a little time out to do something special -- for yourself, or a loved one. 

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. -- Romans 8:18

xo

20 comments:

  1. beautiful song, lady. hope you have a lovely monday!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has seriously been playing in my car nonstop for the past few weeks. It is my life song. LOVE that you're sharing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an amazing song, isn't it, Cara? It has really, really been speaking to me. I'm so happy you shared that it's been doing the same to you.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful song! It's one of my favorites!
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it gorgeous? There's also a YouTube video of them playing it live and wow ... not many bands are that good without some help, ya know?

      xo

      Delete
  4. I like tenth avenue north. They're songs are so good, haven't heard this one though and it's so good. Real uplifting lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it, Leah? A new favorite of mine, for sure. So, so encouraging.

      Delete
  5. Just found you through Michaela's sweet blog! This is such a great song and I love Tenth Avenue North! Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ~Anneke at www.thisthatandlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know where you came from Anneke -- I'll be sure to check out your blog as well. Appreciate you stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I love this song - just listening to the words makes me feel so relaxed. I'm a K-Love fan too, it's what stays on all day around here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's fantastic, Luana! I almost always have K-LOVE streaming from the computer, my phone ... of course in the car. Love finding out that others are fans, too. :)

      Delete
  7. Love love love this! Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the song... definitely needed this today. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad, Kristen! Thanks for your comment.

      <3

      Delete
  9. Happy Monday Katie! I love this song. My fiance and I had the opportunity to go to a Tenth Avenue North concert a couple months ago and it was absolutely amazing! You should really check out their album "The Struggle." It is truly amazing.

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, awesome, Victoria! I haven't had the chance to see Tenth Avenue North live. A couple of years ago, I saw Kutless live, and was amazed and moved by their performance, though. :) You're right, I should check out the entire album -- Thank you so much for recommending it to me!

      Thanks for becoming our 200th follower! That is truly something special to me. I hope we'll get to know each other well ... Your blog is stunning, as are you. Have a fabulous rest of the week, Victoria.

      Delete